If you’re looking for vegan party snacks that are quick, easy, and yummy, you’ve come to the right place! Pakoras are a staple in any desi household and have become ever so popular for being a easy, quick, and delicious snack! This blog post will be short because these vegetable, vegan pakoras are so easy to make it’ll be a disservice to make this post unnecessarily long. So let’s dive right into these easy and fast vegan pakoras!
If you liked this recipe, you’ll really love these!
- Easy Spanish Recipe: Patatas Bravas
- 5 Quick Ways to Upgrade Your Cup Noodles
- Quick and Delicious Salad Recipes
Ingredients you need:
- 1/2 cup of besan or gram flour
- 1/4 cup of rice flour
- 1 tsp of garlic
- 2 green chilies chopped (3 if you like a little kick!)
- 1/2 tsp of masala powder
- 1 potato (thinly sliced)
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 1 cup spinach (roughly chopped but not finely – chunks of spinach in pakoras are amazing!)
- enough oil to deep fry
Now, simply mix all of your ingredients together (except the oil, of course) to get your pakora mixture. Keep in mind that you might have to add a little bit of water to the mixture if it looks too dry. Now the key to making pakoras is making sure the temperature if just right. Heat your oil in a deep pan on medium heat and test check the heat with a small portion of your mixture. If the dough rises in the oil without browning too much, the temperature is perfect! Now all you have to do is make your pakoras, using a table spoon size of mixture for each pakora.
- Load up on the veggies! My favorite to add extra of is onions – they add the perfect crunch.
- This recipe uses only spinach, onions, and potatoes because it’s a great starter recipe for beginners but you can add any vegetables you like
- The key to crispy pakoras is not adding too much water. I usually eyeball how much water to add but you want to use as little as possible – add too much and your pakoras won’t be crunchy but rather soggy. Test try your mixture with varying amounts of water.
This vegan party snacks is a favorite in my household and I hope it becomes one in yours too! Bon appetit!
Check out these articles!